2. Micro Practicum Position: MSW or BSW Foundation Level (Program)
This practicum position is available beginning in the spring semester (January) for MSW or BSW students interested in working in direct practice with youth, community development and resourcing, program development, and more. Student’s duties can range from, but are not limited to:
Case Management/ Follow Up
- Employment: assistance with resume building, interviewing skills, job searching, etc.
- Education: assisting youth with getting to the next step on their educational journey
- Facilitating group job training sessions with youth
- Follow-up with clients to gather post-program data
- Follow-up with clients to ensure the application is complete
- Follow-up with clients regarding questions that may arise
- Matching youth with appropriate employers
- Social media outreach with alumni
- Working with the STL Youth Jobs Director of Partnerships & Impact to make evidenced-based improvements to the existing program model
- Researching best practices of other youth programs and identifying ways to weave them into the current model
- Create a packet of resources for the youth (job readiness tips, job search techniques, employment centers, etc.)
- Opportunities to attend meetings with the leadership team to gain insights into the program
- Assist partnering agencies as needed
- Connecting with various youth-serving organizations to inform the community about program updates, applications, etc.
Project of Interest
- Use practicum experience as an opportunity to learn. Identify and carry out a project close to your heart that will benefit the STL Youth Jobs team.
Other duties as assigned