Employers are the backbone of our program!
STL Youth Jobs serves youth, ages 15-24, from career exploration to acceleration through summer programming to build job readiness skills and experiences. Employers make that experience tangible by partnering with us each summer to hire youth.
Each young person is paired with a Job Coach from day one, who supports both youth and employers to ensure that the program is an excellent experience for everyone. Prior to youth being matched with an employer, they receive critical soft skills and trainings in financial literacy and job readiness. Learn more about the program here.
Ways to partner and mentor:
- Hire youth and fulfill your workforce needs
- Offer job shadowing to 15-year-olds as part of our Discover You program
- Host a lunch and learn
- Host a professional development session
Interested in being an STL Youth Jobs employer partner?
Preference is given to companies/organizations who:
- Match a youth’s area of interest
- Operate in high-growth industries
- Are in proximity to our target neighborhoods in areas of north and south city and north county
- Have the infrastructure to create an excellent experience for youth
- Would consider hiring youth once the summer term is complete
- Submit their employer contribution
Employer partners are expected to contribute toward the individual participant cost of $2,600. This amount covers youth compensation, payroll, training, and ongoing case management, as well as additional program costs. Employer contributions are based on a sliding scale. Free spots are available on a limited basis for small nonprofits. Contributing employers receive priority placement.