Employers are the backbone of our program!
Each youth is paired with a job coach from day one, who supports both youth and employers to ensure that the program is an excellent experience for everyone. Prior to youth being matched with an employer, they receive critical soft skills and trainings in financial literacy and job readiness. Learn more about the program here.
Opportunity to Hire Advanced Employees
In Summer 2019, we will be expanding our program opportunities beyond our Summer Jobs Program to offer youth alumni a higher-level job experience that aligns with their identified career interests through the new Career Accelerators Program.
- Places approximately 50 youth ages 18-24 with select employers during the summer (typically from June – September), with opportunities for ongoing employment once the summer ends.
- All youth in the Career Accelerators program are alumni of STL Youth Jobs or the St. Louis Internship Program.
- Prior to employment, youth submit resumes, letters of recommendation, personal essays, and transcripts proving a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher in order to be accepted into the program.
- Career Accelerators participants receive extensive job readiness and financial literacy training prior to employment and are placed with a Job Coach who supports their success throughout and beyond the program.
- Prior to employment, youth interview with potential employers.
- Youth can work a maximum of 130 hours and earn a minimum of $11/hour.
Interested in being an STL Youth Jobs employer?
Preference is given to companies who:
- match a youth’s area of interest,
- operate in high-growth industries,
- are in proximity to our target neighborhoods,
- have the infrastructure to create an excellent experience for youth,
- would consider hiring youth once the summer term is complete,
- are willing to invest into the program.
All STL Youth Jobs Employer Partners are expected to contribute toward the per participant cost of $2,500. This amount includes youth compensation, payroll, training, and ongoing case management, as well as additional programmatic costs. Below is a list of suggested contribution amounts per youth participant based on organization size and structure.
- Private Sector Business with 1-10 full-time employees: $500 per participant
- Private Sector Business with 11-50 full-time employees: $1,000 per participant
- Private Sector Business with 51+ full-time employees: $2,500 per participant