STL Youth Jobs is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to bridge the divide between our region’s youth and the growing skills gap in our workforce. STL Youth Jobs was created in 2013 as a mechanism to change the landscape of employment opportunities for youth living in underserved areas so they are connected to opportunities through which they can gain experience and develop skills required to meet employment demands. From exploration to acceleration, STL Youth Jobs aims to be responsive to a variety of ages and skill levels by meeting youth where they are within their career journey.
The following positions are available with STL Youth Jobs:
The Development Manager will support a culture of philanthropy within the organization and will use a donor-centered approach to build and cultivate lasting relationships with current and prospective donors. The Manager is responsible for assisting the Executive Director and Board of Directors with the design and execution of annual development plans, including major gifts and individual giving, grant strategies, corporate and foundation relations, and stewardship of current and prospective donors. The Manager works closely with a dynamic team and passionate supporter base to help accomplish important mission goals and substantially grow the organization. The expected fundraising goal for 2021 is $2m.
Fund Development and Cultivation
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic/fund development annual plans and budgets for all fund development activities to progressively increase revenues. Evaluate plan regularly with Executive Director and Board Chairman.
- Assist with the development of an aggressive grant and corporate development agenda, including outlining goals and identifying risks and targets for growth.
- Serve as writer and project manager on grant applications (both narrative and budget) and grant reports.
- Identify collaborative funding opportunities.
- Provide support to the Executive Director, volunteers, and Board members as they cultivate and solicit donors for organization-wide priorities.
- Assist with a moves management program for individual donors that includes all aspects of the giving cycle, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a specified donor portfolio.
- Work alongside the Marketing Manager to develop dynamic presentations and proposals that show impact and demonstrate need. Present this information in small and large group settings.
- Interface with the Board of Directors, attending board meetings as needed and serve as staff lead relating to all fundraising engagement priorities for the Board of Directors.
- Participate in all evaluation activities, including data collection systems and all contracts and activities related to program evaluation and measurement.
- Work with appropriate staff to compile annual audit needs and ensure that special programs donor files, records, and revenues are recorded and maintained accurately.
- Assist with other projects as required by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; a minimum of 1 year experience in fund development, communications, marketing, business, or another related field. CFRE certification is desirable.
- Demonstrate successful donor relationship management with experience working with high-level corporate representatives and foundation executives, preferred.
- Experience in soliciting and securing corporate gift and foundation grants at or above $50,000.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in fundraising information systems, donor research, and relationship management. Knowledge of donor management software.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and Board-level committees.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work within an innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- 35 hours/week, salaried exempt
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage and paid vacation
- Flexible working environment
- Collaborative workspace at a tech and art co-working space (STLYJ staff are currently working remotely)
- Working in a small and nimble team and playing a vital role in a growing organization
- Interested candidates must send a cover letter, salary expectations, and electronic version of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Development Manager.
- No phone calls, please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. No staffing agencies, please.