2. Foundation Level Practicum Position: MSW or BSW
This practicum position is available beginning in the spring semester (January) with the opportunity to continue into the summer semester for MSW or BSW students interested in program development and organization partnerships.
STL Youth Jobs connects youth with local employers for work experience. Foundation Practicum Students are responsible for assisting with youth recruitment and outreach, data collection & clean up which includes streamlining the case management system experience. The role will walk alongside the Partnership & Impact department while it oversees and manages summer, fall and spring programming.
Student’s duties can range from, but are not limited to:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Partnerships & Impact
- Work with STL Youth Jobs’ network of program providers to ensure quality service delivery including youth onboarding, training, job placement and data collection throughout the work experience
- Create a monitoring system to evaluate program providers
- Assist with the development of STL Youth Jobs’ case management system including functionality that would streamline youth and program provider experience
- Data Entry
- All other duties as assigned
Youth Activities and Support
- Assist with developing a network of resources and relationships in order to effectively provide wraparound support to youth including; mental health, education, employment, housing, food, etc.
- Identify potential youth recruitment opportunities to reach STL Youth Jobs’ targeted youth population
- Conduct community outreach activities to share information about STL Youth Jobs and how to participate. Note these opportunities happened during the week & weekends.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the youth application process including follow-ups, next steps and assistance with application completion
- Assist with you intake and training
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work in an independent environment
- Flexible working environment
- Collaborative workspace at a tech and art co-working space
- Working in a small and nimble team and playing a vital role in a growing organization
- Interested students must send a cover letter, and electronic version of their resume to: email@example.com. Subject Line: Practicum Student.